Come and See
What We Are Seeking in Our Rector
We seek a Rector who will actively participate, shepherd, and challenge us as we worship and serve the Lord we love.
St. Andrew’s is a loving community who cares for and supports each other. We are ready for new adventures in our spiritual journey and are eager to welcome a Rector who will grow as part of our family. We seek a Rector who will actively participate, shepherd, and challenge us as we worship and serve the Lord we love. To do this, we believe the following criteria will make our next leader successful:
- A personal testimony of Christ’s saving grace in your life
- An ability to surrender to the Holy Spirit
- A deep love for and confidence in the Lord
- A reputation for Christ-like character and emotional maturity
- A regular habit of prayer, Bible study, and spiritual disciplines
- A commitment to your relationships and family demonstrated in both words and actions
- Master of Divinity from an Anglican seminary (preferred) or an equivalent combination of degree and experience, having completed a course in Anglican Studies
- Agreement to whole-heartedly embrace, teach, honor, and live by the beliefs, teachings, and canons of the Anglican Church in North America and the Anglican Diocese of the Great Lakes
- Achieved Ordination and has experience as a priest in the Anglican Communion
- Displays strong leadership organization and planning capabilities, and has a sense of vision for the intentional growth of our church
- Demonstrates the ability to teach and preach the Gospel effectively in a manner that directly relates it to the human condition and the world around us
- Proven ability to meld a diverse community around a common mission
- Equipped as a delegator with the ability to work well with others
- Possesses strong conflict resolution skills and can effectively address difficult issues in light of the Gospel
- Exhibits good stewardship over finances and time management, with a background in managing church budgets preferred
- Celebrates God in all His grace and mercy through our rich Anglican heritage in a manner that invites the congregation to join in participation and brings the liturgy to life
- Teaches reverence for Christ’s sacrifice in the eucharist and on the cross, and skillfully preaches and teaches the Word of God as led by the Holy Spirit
- Communicates verbally and in writing in a skilled and Christian way
Spiritual Guide and Counselor
- Ministers to empower individuals, marriages, and families in their daily vocations and in service to Christ
- Fosters spiritual formation and discipling of children, youth, and adults, including them in worship and offering them a powerful alternative to competing messages in our culture
- Provides crisis counseling and referrals for professional counseling
- Demonstrates a love for parishioners through pastoral ministries
- Supports and promotes the healing and prayer ministries
- Builds up and supports small groups in the church
- Equips encourages, supports, and sends parishioners out to make disciples in our neighborhood, city, and world
- Leads, models, inspires, and encourages hospitality to newcomers
- Leads the vestry, church staff, and volunteers with grace and humility
- Supervises church administration and finances, and promotes good stewardship
Applications may be emailed to: email@example.com
Or mailed to:
St. Andrew’s Anglican Church
Attn: Search Committee
7521 S. Old State Rd.
Lewis Center, OH 43035-9521
Applications are due by March 31, 2022
- Full resume/CV
- Three professional references familiar with your current experience in ministry
- Responses to the discussion questions below
- What in our Parish Profile interests you the most?
- How would you describe your personal relationship with Christ?
- What experience do you have with church administration, and the development of budgets and stewardship drives?
- How have you implemented changes in the past and how have you dealt with resistance to change?
- What are your faults, weaknesses, and struggles?
- What have we not asked that you would like us to know about you and your ministry?
Compensation and Benefits
St. Andrew’s offers a full benefits package. Compensation and benefits will be commensurate with the candidate’s background, education, and experience. Information on compensation and benefits will be discussed with the finalist by the Sr. Warden.
19“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”